• ENCOURAGEZ-NOUS !

Les animatrices donnent bénévolement de leur temps et de leurs compétences pour répondre aux questions que se posent les mamans qui allaitent et accompagner celles qui le souhaitent tout au long de leur allaitement : en réunion, par courriel et au téléphone... et sur le forum !
    Si vous appréciez notre travail, nous vous invitons à nous le faire savoir par quelques mots d'encouragement à notre intention, et/ou par un don ou une cotisation - si ce n'est déjà fait - qui nous permettront de continuer à nous former pour toujours mieux répondre aux besoins des mamans qui choisissent d'allaiter.
    Rendez-vous sur le site LLL et choisissez le groupe 00-Forum pour soutenir l'équipe du forum LLL.

Breast milk Donation

beaffronti

Colostrum
Hello!
I will be traveling to Paris for one day on July 10th during my trip to Europe. I will be pumping breast milk while I am there and would like to know where/if I can donate to a milk bank or hospital? I know in the states you first have to pass blood test which I have already done. But since I will only be there for one day I do not think that is possible.

Dernière édition:

ParisianLawyer

Modératrice
Adhérent(e) LLLF
Dear beaffronti,

I am not a member of the French LLL but milk donation is subject to strict regulations in France. Indeed, it is deemed to be an health product.

I believe (to be confirmed by one of the LLL's members) than LLL cannot promote nor encourage milk donation between mothers.

Thus being said, if you are in Paris, you can donate your milk, on an anonymous basis, to a milk bank located within specific hospitals. Milk is then given to premature babies who are still in the hospital.

I don't know what are the specific conditions, i.e. if you can go to the milk bank to give them fresh milk, or pump at the milk bank, or whether they accept only frozen milk :(

Maybe someone else has already donated milk in Paris, unfortunately I have not (low producer here).

But it is so nice of you to offer!

beaffronti

Colostrum
ParisianLawyer

Thank you for responding! Do you have any hospital recommendations? I'll mostly be in the 6th and 7th for the day. I'll also be in Venice Italy the rest of my 10 day trip and having trouble finding someone to donate to there as well.

Myriam

Modératrice
Membre de l'équipe
Animatrice à la retraite
Dear @beaffronti,

It's a generous offer. :)
Please take a look at the LLL International position about Milk donation policy : http://leadertoday.breastfeedingtoday-llli.org/milk-donation-policy/

Maybe can you contact Human milk bank french association http://association-des-lactariums-de-france.fr/ or Ile-de-France milk bank (for Paris surrounding) http://lactarium-idf.aphp.fr/# but some restrictions can be apply (milk quantity, blood exams, ...)

For IdF milk bank :
Phone number: 33 1 71 19 60 47
Email: lactarium.idf@nck.aphp.fr
(on monday to friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, French time)
(But I can't say if you will find people that can speak/answer you in English)

Gna

Modératrice
Adhérent(e) LLLF
This si the number I've dialed. No answer : I've left a message. I'll try again later and let you know.

Gna

Modératrice
Adhérent(e) LLLF
Some news. I've not been able to reach anyone but I've received a message on my voice mail : the lady told me about a bloodtest and freezing :( I hope I'll talk to her tomorrow.
Funny : apparently there's another american mum who tries to donate her milk on her trip to Paris :)

Gna

Modératrice
Adhérent(e) LLLF
Hi @beaffronti, I've been called back today. Sorry : it seems you won't donate your milk in Paris. The milk bank demands a blood test and they accept no less than 1 liter. However, you may pump there if you have no place else.
Hope you'll enjoy your trip.